|KING & QUEEN BEER SHOP - BRUNSWICK ROAD|
It wasn't a pub, it was a beer shop! The shop takes its name from the Brunswick pub on the corner of the same road which was originally called the King and Queen. It is thought that the shop was opened when the Brunswick changed to a hotel and there was still a demand for an Off Licence, or 'Bottle and Jug' as they where known. The simple remedy being to open a separate shop. It closed in 1900. The current premises is now a private residence but retains the shop front design.