Welcome to www.worthingpubs.com, dedicated to researching the history of our local pubs.

This study is ongoing and we welcome contributions, stories, pictures etc that will expand our knowledge and bring back memories of times past.
Feel free to email us HERE


Structurally, this rather grand building forms the southern end of the Chatsworth Hotel built around 1807.

The ground floor on the seafront side was originally the Steyne Lounge bar, taking its name from the adjacent Steyne gardens. It was licensed to Boscoe Malone in the 1960s and later renamed The waterfront. Some time later it was to become the Inn on the Prom.

Today it is Bryce's Seafood Brassiere and no longer serves as a pub.


Earlier days