CRICKETERS ARM'S - MARINE PLACE
   
Not many people would be aware there was a pub called the Cricketers Arm's in Worthing, even less so when we reveal it was in the centre of town, tucked away in a back street. In October 1883, the licence for the Cricketers Arms, owned by H. Chapman, was transferred to James Gravett. It was this entry on the left we found in Longs Directory Street Guide (1892) that first revealed its existence.
   

   
Known landlord/manager From: The Worthing Journal

1858 - Benjamin Blaker
1861 - Edward ?
1871 - James Branson - Beer retailer
1882 - H Chapman
1883 - James Gravett
1891 - George Goble - Brick maker
1896 - T Henham - Cricketers Arm's
1901 - George Gasson - Beer retailer

1927: Worthing Magistrates agreed to transfer the licence of a "rather old public house", the Cricketers Arms, Marine Place, to the Dolphin, a new pub planned for East Worthing, complete with bowling green at the back.
Worthing Journal issue 94 - 2018