Tamplin Worthing

30a and 30b Park Road

 

       
The Malthouse in Park Road which up until around 1880 used to be East Street.

 

   
 

This former brewery, complete with an oast house on the northern end was built in 1833 for Tamplins Brewery. Once it ceased to be used as a brewery it had a number of uses including a builder's yard, before being converted into two dwellings in 2001. The building is behind the houses in Park Road and has no frontage onto Park Road and can really only be seen from Beach House Park.

   

An aerial view of the same spot. The oast house is clearly visible at the top-middle of the picture.

The elongated building below may well be the original brewery  - further research is underway.