Kemptown Brewery
St Georges Road / Seymour Street

 

     
 

Founded in as the Bristol Brewery in St George's Road, Seymour street , Brighton in an area known as Kemp Town in around 1833.

It was operated by William Hallett & Abbey until 1887 and then by Abbey & Sons. The name changed to Abbey's Kemp Town Brewery in 1906.

The name Kemp Town Brewery appeared in 1933 as a limited company. The company was later acquired by Charrington & Co Ltd. in 1963 the name changed to Charrington & Co. It closed the same year.

 

     
 

Nothing remains

 

   
 

The name Kemp Town Brewery still lives on in a brew pub in Brighton called the Hand in Hand which has been brewing on the premises since 1989. (pictured left)