BEECHWOOD HALL - WYKEHAM ROAD- 1892
Currently undergoing refurbishment and will open as the Ale House & Kitchen and will include a micro-brewery apparently.
 
 

Originally designed and built as two semi-detached cottages by Amos Wildes in 1829, it was known locally as North & South Swiss Cottage.

Converted to a hotel in 1931 with an incredible claim of 23 bedrooms, the building has undr gone many variations and improvements.

It was known for a period of time as the Prince Regent as depicted by the picture on the left.

 

   

This early map of the two cottages in the grounds of Park Crescent, clearly shows that the front is facing East and the only access is via the grounds. Today, the front faces west and entry is from Wykeham Road, which then had yet to be laid.

 

 

Known landlord/manager  

2010: Paul and Rose Willey

 
 

Waiting for details of services available on reopening