|THE LIBERTINE- PORTLAND ROAD|
Many will remember this as BARNEY'S BAR. Originally it started off as Portland Plastics, a domestic retail outlet. Thanks to Steve Porter for remembering that. Barney's we believe was run by Duncan Murray.
In May 2015 it was taken over by the owner of the Wandering Goose and has since opened up as The Libertine.
As with the Wandering Goose, it has a style all of its own featuring much, 'up-cycling' and reclamation. The light and airy atmosphere we're sure will have its appeal as will the broad open spaces.
|BARNEY'S BEFORE IT CLOSED|
The semi-industrial brick faced building was constructed in 1904, replacing derelict cottages.